Three staff members had been tested positive for coronavirus announced the German side of Koln.
On 6 April along with several other Bundesliga clubs, Koln returned to training, doing so in small groups and implementing hygiene measures to limit the spread of COVID-19.
On Friday night they released a statement stating that they had three positive samples.
The unidentified trio will now go into self-isolation for two weeks, conducting further testing in the meantime, though they did not show any symptoms.
In spite of this, the community training ‘will continue as expected,’ with full support from Tim Meyer – Head of the Bundesliga Coronavirus Task Force, said Koln.
“We now see in everyday life that our concept recognizes and reduces risks at an early stage,” Meyer, who holds a similar position for UEFA, told the club’s official website.
“We will always be in close contact with the responsible health authorities and medical experts.
“We are convinced that with our concept, we can enable players to practice their profession with the best possible protection against infection.”