Liverpool return to Premier League action following their historic 0-5 thrashing of Manchester United at Old Trafford (match result). And they cannot visit Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday without us predicting Premier League football fixtures – Liverpool vs Brighton.
The Seagulls were on the receiving end of a 4-1 thumping by Manchester City (accurately predicting the football fixtures).
Meanwhile, Jurgen Klopp’s side was scoring for joy at the Theatre of Dreams.
- Last Saturday, Naby Keita evaded significant injury as a result of Paul Pogba’s challenge which earned him a red card. Still, his injury history makes him a major doubt.
- James Milner is on the bench until the international break ends, as may be Fabinho, due to a knee problem.
- After the injuries to Thiago and Harvey Elliott, Liverpool are short in central midfield.
- Sadio Mane rested last weekend, so Roberto Firmino or Mo Salah may rest this time, only returning against Atletico Madrid.
- And finally, Ibrahima Konate should hold his spot in the side despite Joel Matip and Joe Gomez playing in midweek.
Liverpool possible starting lineup: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson; Jones, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Salah, Jota, Mane
- Adam Webster returned to first-team action in midweek, which came at a good time because Dan Burn is out injured.
- Back-to-back starts may be too much for Webster. So, Joel Veltman, like last weekend, could play here as a third centre-back.
- There are no issues with Yves Bissouma, according to Graham Potter, and he might return to the fold here.
Brighton & Hove Albion possible starting lineup: Sanchez; Dunk, Duffy, Webster; Veltman, Gross, Lallana, Moder, Cucurella; Trossard, Maupay
- Liverpool haven’t lost once in their last 19 games (Premier League).
- They have scored more than 2.5 goals in the last six Liverpool games (Premier League).
- In five of their last six games, further, Liverpool has scored at least three goals (Premier League).
- Meanwhile, in Brighton’s last three away games, they have scored fewer than 2.5 goals (Premier League).
Predicting Premier League Football Fixtures – Liverpool vs Brighton
- Liverpool are running without a defeat in 14 games across all competitions this season. They are in good shape in all three competitions. After a 5-0 win against Manchester United last weekend, finally, they will be full of confidence. They are sure to win this home game.
- Brighton first lost 4-1 at home to Manchester City last weekend. Then, they were knocked out of the Carabao Cup on penalties by Leicester in midweek. They have now gone five games without a win.