Villarreal has returned to good form, and they are now within sight of where they want to be – the European spots. Villarreal defeated Alavés 5-2 in Spanish League La Liga match played at home stadium. With this victory, the Yellow Submarines are in the 9th position in the league’s point table. Gerard Moreno and Boulaye Dia scored two goals each in the first half and the second half of the football match, Yeremy Piro added a single goal for the winning team. Read the football highlights of Villarreal vs Alavés held at El Madrigal football stadium.
Villarreal vs Alavés highlights
- Etienne Capoue tries a through ball for Villarreal in the third minuted but Samuel Chukwueze is caught offside.
- Manu Trigueros (Villarreal) right footed shot from the center of the box is blocked.
- Another Villarreal shot from Boulaye Dia is blocked in the sixth minute.
- Gerard Moreno opens the scoring for Unai Emery’s side in the 18th minute.
- Gerard Moreno left footed shot from the centre of the box to the top left corner.
- Martín Aguirregabiria of Alaves wins a free kick on the right wing in the 24th minute.
- Boulaye Dia doubles the lead for Villarreal in the 28th minute with an assist from Manu Trigueros.
- Pere Pons opened the box for Alaves in the 44th minute, just before the break time.
- Martín Aguirregabiria of Alaves is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.
- Both the teams walk into the second half with a 2-1 match score.
- Alaves multiply their score in the 65th minute with a goal from Joselu.
- Boulaye Dia hits his second and third goal of the game in the 76th minute.
- Three minutes later Yeremy Piro also added his name to Villarreal’s goal scorer list.
- Minutes before the final whistle Gerard Moreno found the net again and hit the winning goal of the night.