Lazio sliced through Genoa in Serie A football match with goals from Pedro, Francesco Acerbi, and Mattia Zaccagni, including two Luis Alberto assists. The deadlock was broken when Felipe Anderson, playing as a False 9 for unwell Ciro Immobile, intercepted a misplaced back-pass to set up Pedro. Luis Alberto came off the bench and made an immediate impact, his corner whipped onto the head of Acerbi, then the volleyed pass starting the Zaccagni sprint towards their third goal. Genoa did get a consolation with Filippo Melegoni, the substitute’s debut Serie A goal. Read the football highlights of Lazio vs Genoa held on Friday night at the Stadio Olimpico.
Lazio vs Genoa highlights
- Pedro tried a mid-range shot in the 7th minute but Sirigu’s save was enough to keep the ball out of his own net.
- Lazio dominated the game but couldn’t find the net as Genoa’s defense was well positioned.
- In the 17th minute, Pedro’s shot is blocked by three Genoa defenders to prevent the ball from going wide.
- In the 26th minute, Mattia Zaccagni’s cross to the far post misses the target and misses one more.
- Pedro Rodriguez opened the scoring in the 36th minute for Lazio.
- The second half began with a 1-0 match score.
- Francesco Acerbi increase the lead for Lazio in the 75th minute with a header inside the six-yard box from a corner kick
- Mattia Zaccagni hit another goal in the 81st minute making it a 3-0 lead for his side.
- Filippo Melegoni managed to score at least one goal for Genoa in the 89th minute saving a no-goal defeat.
- With Melegoni’s shot, the scoreboard flashed 3-1.
- Three extra minutes were added but the match score of 3-1 remained constant till the final whistle.