Real Madrid and Liverpool played a 3-1 match in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League quarter-finals. Read on to know Real Madrid vs Liverpool match highlights.
Real Madrid crushed Liverpool for the fourth time in the Champions League securing a 3-1 win in their quarter-final tie. Vinicius Junior hit the ball twice to score goals.
Real Madrid vs Liverpool UEFA Champions League quarter-finals first leg highlights:
- Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema steals the ball in midfield and takes a weak shot on target with his left foot. Goalkeeper Alisson makes a straightforward collection.
- To get to a pass from Luka Modric, Karim Benzema was too impatient. The linesman quickly raised his flag as Liverpool wins a free-kick against Real Madrid.
- There was a good cross into the box from the right as Sadio Mane almost got the ball, but with a timely clearance, Eder Militao came to Real Madrid’s rescue.
- In the 27th minute, Vinicius Junior gets to the ball and comes up with a delightful first touch to control it cleanly. He took another touch and hit the ball on target.
- Marco Asensio performed a silly foul but he got away without a card. Mo Salah took the resulting set-piece but he sent the ball way over the crossbar.
- Another Toni Kroos long ball. But this time Trent Alexander-Arnold got to it and tried to head it towards his goalkeeper. He gets it horribly wrong as Marco Asensio receives the ball, dribbles past Alisson, and slots the ball home.
- Jurgen Klopp brought on Thiago Alcantara to substitute Naby Keita before the break.
- Mo Salah scored a goal for Liverpool in the 51 minute.
- Junior netted the ball again which turned to be the winning goal for Real Madrid. Karim Benzema received a throw from Lucas Vazquez on the right. He immediately sent the ball towards Luka Modric, who in turn set up Vinicius. The youngster took a shot on target and found the back of the net after some poor goalkeeping from Alisson.
Despite missing two main center-backs — Sergio Ramos and Raphael Varane, Real Madrid gave a strong performance in the UCL quarter-finals.