Manchester City tore into Leeds United from the outset and opened the scoring through Phil Foden just after eight minutes from the starting whistle. That was the club’s 500th Premier League goal under Pep Guardiola in just the Spaniard’s 207th game in charge, a new record for the competition. While Kevin de Bruyne hit the net twice Jack Grealish, Riyad Mahrez, John Stones, and Nathan Ake also got on the scoresheet in a dominant display that thrilled the home fans. Read the highlights of Manchester City vs Leeds united held on Tuesday night at the City of Manchester Stadium.
Manchester City vs Leeds United highlights
- Man City took the lead in just eight minutes of the match with a goal from Phil Foden.
- Grealish increases the home team’s lead with a lethal header appearing after a corner kick.
- Kevin de Bruyne made an attempt n the 8th minute but his shot was off target.
- De Bruyne made another attempt in the 27th minute but Meslier ends up preventing the third from going in.
- Kevin De Bruyne didn’t lose hope and sends a shot in the 32nd minute, this time the goalkeeper can’t prevent the third goal.
- In the 40th minute, Foden tried to hit the net but the ball passes close to the goal.
- The first half ends and Manchester is leading the game with a 3-0 score.
- Leeds enters the second half with zero goals.
- Riyadh Mahrez added his name to the scoreboard with a goal in the 49th minute.
- In the 52nd minute, Dallas appears and sends a shot, but the ball goes wide.
- The home side took advantage of bad service, and De Bruyne ended up sending in a tremendous shot to make it five.
- John Stones increases the lead for Manchester City in the 74th minute.
- Four minutes later, Nathan Ake kicked the ball for a decisive goal and City win the EPL game by a 7-0 match score.