When Chelsea travels to Newcastle United, they will be looking to maintain their lead in the Premier League rankings. For this game on Saturday afternoon, we are back to predicting Premier League football fixtures – Newcastle vs Chelsea.
Last Saturday, Thomas Tuchel’s team thrashed Norwich City with seven unanswered goals, and here are the predicted football scores.
Meanwhile, the Magpies’ post-Steve Bruce era (latest football transfer news) began with a draw against Crystal Palace.
- In his debut encounter as interim manager, Graeme Jones kept Steve Bruce’s 5–3-2 system, and may do so in his future football fixtures, too.
- Emil Krafth and Ryan Fraser made unexpected starts and the former even set up Newcastle’s equaliser against Crystal Palace.
- But here, in this situation, Miguel Almiron might take the role of Fraser.
Newcastle United possible starting lineup: Darlow; Krafth, Lascelles, Clark; Manquillo, Hayden, Willock, Almiron, Ritchie; Wilson, Saint-Maximin
- Thomas Tuchel has a few players to check on before Saturday’s game against Newcastle. the most notable of the ones absent in the football news are Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner.
- Kai Havertz’s goal in the midweek cup triumph over Southampton almost certainly ensures that he’ll lead the line once more.
- Meanwhile, Cesar Azpilicueta and Andreas Christensen, the defensive duo, were present on Tuesday night. But they should be fine for the trip to St. James’ Park now.
- Also, N’Golo Kante might not play again so soon, and Ruben Loftus-Cheek is also a question mark.
- Mason Mount came into life with a hat-trick against Norwich last Saturday, after a relatively quiet season. Ben Chilwell has scored in each of his three Premier League games so far this season. So, as a reward, both may make a start here.
Chelsea possible starting lineup: Mendy; Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Silva; James, Jorginho, Kovacic, Chilwell; Mount, Hudson-Odoi; Havertz
- In their last three games, Chelsea have won both halftime and fulltime (Premier League).
- Newcastle have scored under 2.5 goals in their previous four games against Chelsea in all competitions.
- In all competitions, Chelsea have won 5 of their last 6 games against Newcastle.
- Coincidentally, Chelsea have won five of their last six games (Premier League).
- Newcastle have lost nine of their last ten games (Premier League).
Predicting Premier League Football Fixtures – Newcastle vs Chelsea
- In their first game since Steve Bruce’s sacking, Newcastle drew 1-1 with Crystal Palace. Graeme Jones will continue to serve as temporary leader because the club is no closer to making a long-term appointment.
- Chelsea blasted Norwich 7-0 last weekend before defeating Southampton in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday, but did so on penalties.
- Chelsea have, further, kept clean sheets in three of their four Premier League away games this season. Finally, they didn’t surrender in either of their two previous meetings with Newcastle, which all primes them to win here.