Manchester City once again celebrated against PSG 2: 0 and with a total of 4: 1 won their first appearance in the Champions League final. After a 2: 1 victory at Princes’ Park seven days ago Pep Guardiola’s team is in the finals of the elite competition. Read the highlights from the UCL return leg of Manchester City vs PSG hosted at Etihad Stadium. Pep Guardiola took the Citizens from the fifth attempt to the Champions League final after eliminating from four consecutive Champions League semi-finals.
Manchester City vs PSG highlights
- The guests opened the game better on the difficult and frozen field as Stones blocked Neymar’s shot in 5 minutes.
- Riyad Mahrez gave City an early lead in 11 minutes scoring the opening goal.
- Ederson sent a fantastic long ball which was passed to De Bruyne, the shot bounced off to Mahrez who scored far from ten meters for 1: 0.
- The Parisians almost equalized in the 16th minute, Marquinhos jumped the most and hit the crossbar but City’s defence knocked out the ball.
- Ederson and Di Maria takes possession in the 19th minute and fires in a shot but it is just wide.
- Positive play from PSG as Herrera sprints down the middle before letting a pass to Neymar.
- At the half an hour mark Man City scored 1-0 and the result was constant until the break.
- In the second half, De Bruyne created a chance for Man City, putting in a ball from the middle and Foden has a shot, but it was saved by Navas.
- Zinchenko blocked Neymar’s shot in the 55th minute.
- Mahrez hits the net for the second time striking double goal for Man City. Foden passed on the left side and found Mahrez with a perfect ball.
- Pep Guardiola’s team leads 2-0 in the 63rd minute.
- Di Maria was shown a red card in the 69th minute and PSG was left with 10 players.
- PSG failed to strike a single goal in 90+3 minutes of the game against Manchester City.
Watch match highlights here.
Manchester City booked their ticket to Istanbul for the Champions League finals against the winners of the next semi-finals match between Real Madrid and Chelsea. The Final is scheduled to be held on 26th May at Ataturk Olympic Stadium, Turkey.