Real Madrid attacker Gareth Bale has confirmed he will be considering a move to the Premier League as he intends to leave the Bernabeu during the transfer window this summer.
In recent months the future of the 31-year-old has been the subject of much discussion, with Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane falling out of favor.
The Wales international told Zidane to keep him out of the Champions League squad that took to Manchester City on August 7 and made just 20 appearances for Los Blancos during the 2019-20 campaign.
The former Tottenham Hotspur attacker, however, blamed Madrid for not allowing him to leave earlier, and contrary to recent reports, he is keen to “play football.”
“I tried to leave last year but they blocked everything at the last second. It was a project I was excited for but it didn’t materialize,” Bale told Sky Sports News while on Wales duty. “There have been other instances where we have tried to go but the club won’t allow it or they’ve done something. It’s down to the club.”
“I want to play football, I am still motivated to play football, so I guess it’s on the club. They are in control of everything. I have a contract, all I can do is carry on what I am doing and hopefully, something comes up.”
“I am only 31 still but I feel I am in great shape still and feel like I have a lot to give. We will see what happens. It’s in the club’s hands but they make things very difficult, to be honest.”
“If those options arise (interest from Premier League clubs) it is something I’d look at for sure. We’ll see what happens, we have plenty of time in this transfer window and a couple of others as well. Time will tell but mainly I think the reason is that the decision is in Real Madrid’s hands.”