Although Cristiano Ronaldo’s affection for Manchester United is, without doubt, his return to Old Trafford has not gone as he might have planned.
Following Erik ten Hag’s arrival, Ronaldo’s reported concern over United’s apparent lack of transfer activity has made other clubs explore possibilities to sign him.
Reports suggest that a couple of clubs have already made their interest indirectly known.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA, ROMA CIRCLING FOR RONALDO
Chelsea and Roma have expressed their interest in signing Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United, according to reports.
The Athletic has reported Chelsea, with Todd Boehly installing himself as interim sporting director.
After his consortium’s takeover of the club, met with Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes to discuss the possibility.
Ronaldo has a year left on his contract, and the possibility of him leaving after only one season has grown.
Meanwhile, Retesport is reporting the Giallorossi are keen to sign the 37-year-old.
With the Friedkin group looking to reunite him with former boss Jose Mourinho.
And build on the team’s Conference League triumph.
ROUND-UP– In the background, United are increasingly confident they will be able to land Barcelona’s Frenkie de Jong for a fee of £69million (€80.2m), Goal reports.
– Also, Blues boss Thomas Tuchel has made contact with Manchester City and England forward Raheem Sterling, according to the Telegraph.
– Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain have opened talks over a deal for Neymar amid Chelsea’s interest, per AS.
– Leeds United are preparing a £26million (€30.2m) bid for Club Brugge’s Charles de Ketelaere, the Daily Mail reports.
– Both Inter Milan and AC Milan are looking to sign Paulo Dybala.
– Milan Skriniar may leave Inter Milan in this transfer window.
– Malcolm Ebiowei is said to have rejected personal advances from Manchester United’s Erik ten Hag and Steve McClaren in order to sign for Crystal Palace.
Likewise, for more football news like this, click here.